*No new apprenticeship contracts are being concluded anymore in Flanders, but existing agreements are allowed to continue until the end of their term, although they must not exceed the final end date of 30 June 2021. You can find more information on Vlaanderen.be.
Are you entitled to the Groeipakket?
If your son or daughter is less than 25 years old and combines studying and working an apprenticeship agreement or apprenticeship contract, you will be entitled to the Groeipakket if you can answer ‘yes’ to these 3 questions:
- Is the contract recognised by a training centre for small and medium-sized enterprises or by a service for the integration of persons with a disability or disorder?
- Is a learning path counsellor monitoring the contract?
- Is your child in other employment in addition to the apprenticeship contract and does it meet the set requirements? Do you want to know more about these conditions, click here.
Even if your apprenticeship contract has been terminated, you may still be entitled to the Groeipakket.
A contract can be refused, withdrawn or terminated. However, you can still be entitled to the Groeipakket for up to 3 months after the date of termination. This is the case if your child meets these conditions:
- Your son or daughter is not making any money, not even under the apprenticeship contract.
- Your child continues to attend class.
- Your child is not exempt from accreditation.