From 1 January 2019,
you can make your own choice.

On that day, the child benefit in Flanders will be replaced with the ‘Groeipakket’. If you have a baby after that date, you will get to decide which ‘payout actor’ will handle the payments. You can then also decide to switch if you have children who are already receiving child benefit.

If you would like MyFamily to handle the payments, you will receive a warm welcome to our family. Contact us and we will arrange everything for you.

If you are already a member of a child benefit fund, that fund will continue to make your payments for the entire year of 2019. You will then move to MyFamily on 1 January 2020.

MyFamily_startbedrag_vrouw met gedachten

Until then, the old arrangement will apply.

You do not always decide which child benefit fund you are affiliated to. See below how you can find out easily which funds pay your benefits:

  • If you are an employee, you should best ask your current employer. In this instance, you are registered with your employer’s child benefit fund.
  • If you are a self-employed person, you should best ask your social insurance fund. The child benefit fund pays your family benefits on the instruction of that insurance fund.
  • If you are unemployedillor retired, your last employer’s child benefit fund or your social insurance fund are authorised to look at your entitlement.
  • If you have never worked in Belgium, are a cross-border workeror work in the hospitality sector or education, you can contact Famifed

If MyFamily is your child benefit fund, see our website or contact us for more information. Should you have any questions about your social insurance fund, you can contact us here.

oranje lamp

Stay informed about MyFamily? Sign In: